For the first time in our history, we have had to make significant changes to the way we serve individuals living with an acquired brain injury. As the rest of the world slows down, we are busier than ever.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have transitioned to providing therapeutic support and or social interaction to our clients through virtual programs. Our trained professionals have an expertise in brain injury related treatment and are eager to offer support to our clients. In order to meet the demands for our remote services, we need your help!
This unprecedented time can be especially challenging and isolating for those who have been impacted by or are caring from someone with a brain injury. As such, the need for our support programs is now greater than ever.
One of our dedicated participants, Carol, regularly attends the “You Are Not Alone Support Group” and “the GOALS Group”. While understanding the need and importance of maintaining social distancing, Carol was disappointed to learn that she could no longer attend the group meetings. She advised that attending the groups is her lifeline – her way of socializing, managing her anxiety and dealing with the ongoing symptoms of her brain injury. Like Carol, many of our clients are dependent upon these sessions. It is critical that we continue to maintain them despite the current crises.
As a result of COVID-19, many of our events and fundraisers are cancelled. We do not receive any government funding. The ability to keep our programs running and to keep servicing our members who are in need now more than ever, we need your help.
We cannot meet this challenge without you.
Please make a donation today to provide those affected by an acquired brain injury the support they need to maintain their recovery. You can now choose what area or group you wish the donation to benefit.
Ways You Can Contribute to BIAWE:
• Volunteer – We need volunteers for our support programs, special outings and special events. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Victoria Obeid at email@example.com for more information.
• Become a Board Member – We need dedicated and passionate board members with skills in areas of fundraising, fund development, technology, health care and business.
• Purchase a Plaque – Provide a tribute to someone near and dear by having their name engraved on the Butterfly Monument at the riverfront.
• Become a Member – Join BIAWE and the Ontario Brain Injury Association and receive the most up-to-date information about acquired brain injuries
• Include BIAWE in Your Will – help sustain BIAWE’s programs
• Wedding Donations – In lieu of gifts, make a donation to BIAWE
• Funeral Donations – Make requests to have friends and family donate to BIAWE
• Support our Events – A fundraiser in the spring and the golf tournament in September
• Sponsor an Event – Corporate and Business sponsorship
• Buy and Ad in our Newsletter – Helps to pay the cost of printing and distribution
You can also send your donation directly to the
Brain Injury Association of Windsor & Essex County:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 33090 Lakeview R.O. Windsor, ON N8Y 0A2