ANNUAL SPRING CONFERENCE 2018
STANDARDS FOR POST-CONCUSSION CARE
THE RIGHT CARE AT THE RIGHT TIME, WITH THE RIGHT PROVIDER
This year’s ABI Conference was held at the Fogolar Furlan Club on June 20, 2018 with 65 in attendance.
The keynote speaker, Dr. Diana Velikonya is a Clinical Neuropsychologist, providing consultative and treatment services. She is Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences in the medical school of McMaster University. She was on the Board of the Hamilton Brain Injury Association and is President –Elect of the Ontario Psychological Association.
Conference Committee 2018
Patricia Fleet, Renee Cantarutti, Leann Sassine, Anna Jurak, Dr. Anne McLachlan, Laura Wilkie and Diane Bradford.
A distinguished panel of local health care professionals shared their knowledge and expertise with health care providers attending this one day conference:
• Diane Bradford, Manager of Regional Trauma Program/Injury Prevention, Critical Care Services for Windsor Regional Hospital Ouellette Campus
• Dr. Stewart Plotnick, Psychologist is an Adjunct Faculty member in the Department of Psychology at the University of Windsor. He is currently a member of the Ontario Psychological Association (OPA) and the American Psychological Association (APA)
• Patricia Fleet, Occupational Therapist has worked with Bayshore Therapy & Rehab since moving to Windsor in 2003 and has been the Manager of Rehab since 2012
• Ann Marie Keough, In 2015, Ann Marie left the hospital setting to begin a career in the community, opening Enable Neurological Rehabilitation
• Dr. Abdalhakim Imohd Mustafa, Neurologist, Chief of the Neuroscience Department at Hotel Dieu Grace Hospital, 2011 – 2012 and 2013. Dr. Mustafa is an Adjunct Professor at Schulich School of Medicine and Neuroscience Department.
We would like to thank the participants, exhibitors and especially the Bronze Sponsors of this conference. BIAWE is a no-profit charitable organization and relies on money received through this social enterprise to fund its ongoing programs.